Terms and Conditions
By making a booking with Matthew Garrett (The Artiste), you (The Client) agree to the following terms and conditions:
If a deposit has been requested, the date requested by The Client is provisionally held by the Artiste until the deposit has been paid and cleared.
Dates will be held for a maximum of 7 days without the deposit payment.
The Artiste warrants that all necessary steps have been taken to ensure that all agreed activities are covered by Public Liability Insurance, with an indemnity limit of £10million.
The Client agrees that no demands will be made of The Artiste to undertake actions which would not be covered by such insurance.
1. In the event that The Client cancels between 6 months and 1 month of the date of the performance, 50% of the agreed fee is still to be paid by The Client to The Artiste. This covers the cost of lost potential business. If a booking is cancelled within 1 month of an event, 100% of the agreed fee is due. The cancellation fee is subject to The Artiste's duty to mitigate any loss by accepting other work for the same date.
2. If the booking is cancelled by The Artiste, The Artiste shall receive no fee and any fees received in advance shall be refunded to The Client. In addition to this the Artiste has a duty to find and recommend a suitable replacement.
3. In the case of non-attendance by the Artiste without prior cancellation, unless this is due to injury, illness or mechanical breakdown or accident (evidenced by a doctor's note or AA / garage note), The Artiste shall pay The Client a penalty amount of 50% of The Artiste's fee.
4. Cancellations must be mutually agreed and acknowledged with The Artiste before they can be accepted. Cancellations cannot be accepted via answer service, or via a third party.
1. In the event of mild weather conditions such as rain, wind and light snow the booking shall continue.
2. In the case of heavy rain, or icy weather The Artiste may request to perform indoors.
Neither party shall be liable for any failure of or delay in the performance of this agreement for the period that such failure or delay is due to causes beyond reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, war, strikes or labour disputes or any other force majeure event.
The client agrees that it is their sole responsibility to pay the Artiste by the due date. Under normal circumstances the due date is no later than the day of performance, unless specifically stated otherwise on the confirmation email sent by The Artiste to The Client.
Any payments not paid on time incur a late fee of £40 plus statutory interest of 8% + Bank of England base rate.
This agreement is governed by the law of England and Wales, and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. (last revised 25/01/15)